Welcome to Fair Trade Uniforms
Fair Trade Uniforms (FTU) offers an opportunity for schools to wear their commitment to ending poverty on their sleeves. Our uniforms connect students, teachers, and parents with the global Fair Trade movement, which advances economic development, women's rights, and fair labor practices in the developing world.
Fair Trade Uniforms partners with projects that enable economically disadvantaged women to achieve sustainable employment. Our uniforms are created by women at sites in Thailand and Mexico. Buying your school's uniforms from Fair Trade Uniforms enables our partners to lead more dignified lives, feed their families, and send their children to school.
How Can My School Promote Economic Justice?
• Ask your current uniform vendor where your uniforms are made. Does your vendor have a set of standards for labor conditions in their factories?
• Learn about the advantages of fair trade. Get more information about our uniforms.
• Ensure your school's dollars go to sustainable businesses instead of sweatshops. Our partner in Mexico provides an alternative to working in sweatshops.
• Help support dignified work in local economies of the developing world. Our partner in Thailand provides opportunities for women.
• Teach your students about globalization, economic justice, and human rights: Fair Trade Resources